WE charity (formally Free the Children)
WE charity, formally Free the Children, was established in 1995 by teenagers Craig and Marc Kielburger. Originally started to raise awareness about child labor, the charity has grown into an international foundation committed to empowering youth to solve global problems.
White Brook Middle School's Free The Children group
White Brook's FTC group began in 2012 as a classroom writing assignment in Ms. Judith Breier's 5th grade class. Since then, it has mushroomed into one of the largest service clubs in the Easthampton Public Schools. Since our first active year, 2013, our group has:
- Raised over $1000 to help build a school in Kalthana, India (2013-14)
- Raised 2750 to purchase 57 goats for Kalthana women for the Year of Empowerment (2014-15)
- Raised 2800 to dig wells for Kalthana
- Donated over 1000 pounds of food, over 250 pounds of toiletries and over 200 pounds of coats to local food pantries and charities.
- We Are Silent campaign, Pay It Forward challenge, We Are Love campaign and serve at Easthampton Community Center.
- Created commercials to raise awareness of these issues to the local communities